“Pray without ceasing.” — I Thessalonians 5:17
Here are 10 easy ways to incorporate prayer into your day.
1. Pray in the morning when you first open your eyes. Thank God for making it through the night and for the day ahead.
2. Pray in the shower. Thank God for his many attributes, like his goodness, faithfulness and grace.
3. Pray over breakfast. Thank God for the food he has blessed you with and that you don’t have to go to school or work hungry.
4. Pray during your daily quiet time. Pray for your family, your friends, your neighbors.
5. Pray on your commute to work. Pray for the people on either side of you. Pray over the work day and ask the Lord for wisdom, guidance and divine appointments.
6. Pray over lunch. Thank God for food to nourish your body and give you strength for the day.
7. Pray during the mid-afternoon slump. Pray that the Lord will help you to finish the day strong. Pray for your colleagues and bosses.
8. Pray during your commute home. Pray for the people on either side of you that God will reveal himself to them in a special way. Pray over their homes and their lives.
9. Pray over dinner. Thank the Lord for a productive day and a chance to unwind.
10. Pray before going to sleep. Pray that God will give you and yours the peaceful rest that you need. Thank him for the day and for his many blessings.
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” — Colossians 3:15