This is my go-to side dish for parties and get-togethers — I never have to worry about leftovers! All measurements are approximate and should be modified to taste.
6 large eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/8-1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/4 tsp of mustard (I like dijon)
Dash of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
6 pimento-stuffed green olives, cut in half
1. Boil eggs, then peel and cut in half lengthwise.
2. Scoop egg yolks into a shallow bowl and smash with fork; place egg white halves on a plate.
3. Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard to egg yolk mixture and stir to combine. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Add more mayonnaise if smoother consistency is desired.
4. Fill each egg half to overflowing with yolk mixture.
5. Place one olive half in the middle of each egg. Sprinkle eggs with paprika (see photo).
* For eggs that are easier to peel, I like to put them immediately under cold water after they are done boiling.
* To peel the eggs, crack them on both ends then roll them gently on a clean counter until they’re cracked all over. Starting at the hollower end of the egg, stick your thumb under the layer of egg shell and start peeling back the shell. It should come up in one solid sheet of shell.
* The smoother the filling, the easier it is to put into a pastry bag and do fancy deviled eggs. But then this would be a recipe for “fancy” and not “easy” deviled eggs. 🙂
* I always boil one more egg than I’ll actually need. I use the extra egg whites as “replacement” for any whites that get damaged in the peeling process.