My friend Francisco is leaving for his native Colombia in less than a month with a group of 14 people from his church. He says the plan came into being during last year’s mission trip to Buenos Aires, over a fine cut of world-famous Argentinian beef. Oh, the power of food to inspire!
Their work will be framed by a holiday called Semana Santa (Holy Week), a major Catholic holiday commemorating the death and resurrection of Christ. They’ll arrive on Domingo de Ramos (Palm Sunday, April 17) to departure on Sábado Santo (Holy Saturday, April 23).
Most of the opportunities will be related to ministries such as:
- English as a Second Language
- Tutoring and mentoring children at risk and their families
- Adolescent single mothers
- Prayerwalking in downtown Bogota
- Visiting and serving indigenous displaced people
- Street evangelism
- Reaching out to recyclers and their families
Please join this team in prayer. Consider choosing a moment, an hour, a day, or a week to pray for their trip (before, during, even after!). These are some of the prayer needs that Francisco lists:
– The planning. Still working on logistics and coordination of multiple plans.
– Safety for the trip, safety for the families who stay. His wife and 3 children will not be able to come.
– For the Holy Spirit to move powerfully in each team member
– For open hearts and ears
– For God’s provision and wisdom
Francisco will keep us posted on how things are going during the trip. Thank you for praying!