4. Presenting the Whole
- Garnish, but keep it simple: a sprig of flat leaf parsley, a fig cut in half, a cluster of grapes.
- Pick a wooden, marble or ceramic board to display that is large enough to keep the cheeses from touching.
- Choose a plate of unique or original design for the accompaniments.
- Write pairing suggestions on small cards by the cheese: “Try the Herbes crackers with a slice of brie” or “Try smoked salmon and goat cheese on French bread.”
- Display cheeses under a glass cloche.
- Collect and use interesting cheese knives.
- Serve each cheese with its own knife.
… And What In The World To Do With The Leftovers!
Slice, shred, melt, sprinkle over and bake into. When it comes to using up the leftovers, the sky’s the limit.
- Gourmet grilled cheese
- Scrumptious scrambled eggs
- Out-of-this-world omelets
- Delicious sandwiches
- Creative pizzas
- Unforgettably cheesy pasta sauces
- Incredible quiches
- Anything au gratin
- World’s best mac-and-cheese
- Awesome salad toppers
- Mouth-watering nachos
So next time you’re looking for a party showstopper — whether it’s your own party or someone else’s — take a hint from the French and try your hand at the cheeseboard!