One of the delights of summer is the proliferation of roadside stands selling fresh, local produce. This is the tail end of peach season but you should still be able to find some ripe, delicious specimens for this easy, no-bake pie. (Thanks to my cousin Michelle for this great recipe, which became an instant hit. I’d have a picture of the finished pie but someone in my household chose to take a piece while it was chilling!)
Fresh Peach Pie With Glaze
1 cup sugar (or less, depending on taste and tartness of peaches)
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 1/2 cups pureed peaches
3 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- Bake pie crust (choose “roll out” ready-made refrigerated crusts for ultimate simplicity)
- Slice peaches and arrange in pie crust.
- Puree 2 1/2 cups peaches in blender.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, salt, water, lemon juice and pureed
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 min, stirring constantly, until glaze begins to
- Pour glaze over peaches in pie crust.
- Chill 3 hours.
* You can cheat a little and have fewer pureed peaches and more peaches — it’s pretty much a no-fail pie.
* Don’t expect the pie to “set.” It will look more like a cobbler than a pie.