According to Reuters, an international summit on Libya will take place in London tomorrow, March 29. The goals are to discuss the status of the UN-sanctioned military intervention in Libya and to establish a contact group to provide political leadership in the situation.
- For protection and safe travels for the 35+ foreign ministers who are making their way to London, including U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, Chairman of the African Union Jean Ping, British Secretary of State William Hague, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, Greek Foreign Minister Dimitries Droutsas, Canadian Foreign Minister Morris Rosenberg.
- That summit participants will realize and acknowledge their limitations and appeal to God for wisdom and direction.
- That participants will experience unity in their goal to protect Libyan civilians and in supporting their aspirations for a better future.
- For wisdom in deciding who to nominate to the contact group.
- For clear insight and understanding of the situation and the real needs in Libya.
- That the leaders will act clearly and decisively in the interest of the Libyan people, putting aside thoughts of constituencies and popularity back home.
- For productive and definite results as opposed to bitter infighting and squabbles among participants over minor details.
- For open doors for humanitarian, especially faith-based, ministries to get into Libya and meet physical and spiritual needs.
- That like Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel 4:34-35, Gaddafi might have a dramatic and life-changing encounter with God that would bring him to repentance and alter the course of his life and that of his people.
Thank you for praying! You can make a difference!