This microwave pecan brittle is ideal for those days when you’ve been cooking, cleaning, doing laundry … and you have half an hour until company is due. It is easy, fast, and delicious — the perfect trio for a great holiday snack.
1 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup white karo
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1. Stir pecans, sugar, karo, and salt together in a 1 1/2 (one and a half) quart glass casserole dish.
2. Microwave 7-8 minutes, stirring well after 4 minutes. At the end of 7-8 minutes remove and add butter and vanilla. Blend well.
3. Microwave 1-2 minutes more. Remove and add baking soda.
4. Gently stir until light and foamy. Pour onto well-greased cookie sheet and let cool 30 minutes.
5. Break into pieces and eat!